Notion is a popular productivity and organization tool that allows users to create notes, databases, to-do lists, and more. Google Calendar, on the other hand, is a widely used calendar app that enables users to schedule and manage events and appointments.
Integrating Google Calendar in Notion can be extremely beneficial for users, as it allows for a more streamlined and efficient way to manage tasks and schedules. By embedding a Google Calendar in Notion, users can view their calendar alongside their other notes and tasks, creating a more centralized and organized workspace. This integration can also help users avoid scheduling conflicts and ensure that all their tasks and appointments are accounted for. In this guide, we will discuss how to embed Google Calendar in Notion and the various benefits it offers.
Create a new Google Calendar
- To create a new Google Calendar, go to the Google Calendar website and log in with your Google account.
- Click on the “Create” button on the left-hand side of the screen and select “New Calendar” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a name for your new calendar and select a time zone.
- Customize the calendar by selecting a color and adding a description.
- Add events to your calendar by clicking on a specific date and time, then filling in the event details such as the title, time, and location.
- You can also add recurring events by selecting the appropriate option and specifying the frequency of the event.
- Once you have added all your events, you can view them by clicking on the appropriate date on the calendar.
Note: You can create multiple calendars within Google Calendar, each with its own set of events and customization options.
Embed the Google Calendar in Notion
- Open Notion and navigate to the page where you want to embed your Google Calendar.
- Click on the “+” icon to add a new block, then select “Embed” from the dropdown menu.
- In a new tab, open your Google Calendar and click on the gear icon in the top right corner to access the calendar settings.
- Scroll down to the “Integrate calendar” section and copy the calendar’s URL.
- Paste the calendar URL into the Notion Embed block and click “Embed”.
- Your Google Calendar should now be embedded in your Notion page.
To adjust the size of the embedded Google Calendar:
- Hover over the top or bottom edge of the Embed block until you see a double arrow icon.
- Click and drag the arrow icon to adjust the height of the block.
- To adjust the width, hover over the left or right edge of the Embed block and repeat the process.
To adjust the display of the embedded Google Calendar:
- Click on the Embed block to open the settings.
- Under “Display”, you can choose to show or hide the block’s caption and source.
- You can also change the background color of the block by selecting a different color under “Background”.
Also Know: How To Link Google Calendar To Notion
Additional tips and tricks
- How to sync Google Calendar with Notion: To keep your Google Calendar and Notion in sync, you can use a third-party integration tool such as Zapier or Automate.io. These tools allow you to set up triggers that automatically create events in Notion when a new event is added to your Google Calendar, and vice versa.
- How to use Google Calendar within Notion to schedule tasks: You can use Google Calendar within Notion to schedule tasks by creating events in your Google Calendar that correspond to specific tasks or deadlines. You can then view these events alongside your other tasks and notes in Notion, allowing for a more comprehensive view of your schedule and workload.
- Benefits of using Google Calendar in Notion: Integrating Google Calendar in Notion can have several benefits, including:
- A more centralized workspace for managing tasks, notes, and schedules
- Avoidance of scheduling conflicts by having all tasks and appointments in one place
- Increased productivity by having a clear overview of upcoming tasks and deadlines
- More efficient time management by being able to prioritize tasks based on their time and date
- Improved collaboration by sharing Google Calendars with team members and having them displayed in Notion.
Integrating Google Calendar in Notion can be a game-changer for productivity and organization. By embedding your calendar within Notion, you can keep track of your schedule alongside your other notes and tasks, creating a more streamlined and efficient workspace.
To embed Google Calendar in Notion, you first need to create a new calendar within Google Calendar and add events to it. You can then copy the calendar’s URL and paste it into an Embed block in Notion. From there, you can adjust the size and display of the block to fit your needs.
Integrating Google Calendar in Notion offers many benefits, including a more centralized workspace, avoidance of scheduling conflicts, increased productivity, more efficient time management, and improved collaboration. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily embed your Google Calendar in Notion and start reaping the benefits of this powerful integration.
Overall, we highly recommend integrating Google Calendar in Notion to anyone looking to boost their productivity and streamline their workflow.