Discord is a widely used communication platform for gamers that provides voice and text chat while gaming, including while playing the popular game League of Legends. However, some users have reported experiencing Discord freezing after playing League of Legends, which can be frustrating and impact the gaming experience. It’s essential to address this issue because it can disrupt communication and teamwork during gameplay and potentially cause other issues with the computer’s performance. In this article, we will discuss the causes of Discord freezing after League of Legends and provide solutions to fix this problem.
Causes of Discord Freezing After League Game Issue
There are several possible causes of Discord freezing after playing League of Legends:
- Overheating CPU or GPU: When the CPU or GPU of your computer overheats, it can cause the system to freeze or crash. This can happen while playing graphics-intensive games like League of Legends, and it can also affect other applications running on your computer, including Discord.
- Outdated Graphics Drivers: Graphics drivers are essential software components that enable your computer’s graphics card to communicate with the operating system and other software. If your graphics drivers are outdated or incompatible with the version of Discord or League of Legends you’re using, it can cause freezing or other issues.
- Discord Compatibility Issues: Discord is designed to work with a wide range of hardware and software configurations, but it’s possible that your system’s setup is causing compatibility issues with Discord. This can happen if you have conflicting software running or if your computer doesn’t meet Discord’s system requirements.
- League of Legends Client Bugs: Finally, it’s possible that the issue is not with Discord but with the League of Legends client itself. Bugs and glitches in the client can cause freezing or crashing, which can impact the performance of other applications running on your computer, including Discord.
If you’re experiencing Discord freezing after playing League of Legends, there are several troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the issue. Here are five steps to take:
- Update Graphics Drivers: As mentioned earlier, outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can cause freezing or other issues. To update your graphics drivers, visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (such as NVIDIA or AMD) and download the latest drivers for your card.
- Clean Boot Your System: Clean booting your system can help to identify and eliminate software conflicts that may be causing issues with Discord or League of Legends. To do this, open the System Configuration tool (type “msconfig” in the Start menu search bar) and select the “Selective startup” option. Then, uncheck all the boxes under “Selective startup” except for “Load system services” and “Use original boot configuration.”
- Run Discord as Administrator: Running Discord as an administrator can help to give it the necessary permissions to function properly. To do this, right-click on the Discord shortcut or executable file and select “Run as administrator.”
- Disable Discord Hardware Acceleration: Hardware acceleration is a feature that uses the GPU to offload certain tasks from the CPU, but it can sometimes cause issues with Discord. To disable hardware acceleration in Discord, open the User Settings menu and go to the “Appearance” tab. Then, scroll down to the “Advanced” section and toggle off the “Hardware Acceleration” option.
- Disable Overlay in League of Legends: The overlay feature in League of Legends can sometimes cause compatibility issues with Discord. To disable the overlay, open the game settings and go to the “General” tab. Then, toggle off the “Enable in-game overlay” option.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to fix the Discord freezing issue after playing League of Legends. If the issue persists, you may need to seek further assistance from Discord support or League of Legends community forums.
In addition to the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, there are a few other tips you can follow to prevent Discord freezing after playing League of Legends:
- Keep Your System Clean: Over time, your system can accumulate unnecessary files and data that can slow it down and cause issues. To keep your system running smoothly, it’s important to regularly clean it up by removing temporary files, clearing your browser cache, and uninstalling programs you no longer use.
- Limit Discord Server Membership: Joining too many Discord servers can put a strain on your system’s resources and cause Discord to freeze or crash. To prevent this, consider limiting the number of servers you join or leaving servers that you no longer actively participate in.
- Reduce Discord Audio Quality: Discord allows you to adjust the quality of voice chat, but higher quality settings can put a strain on your system and cause freezing or lag. To reduce the likelihood of Discord freezing after playing League of Legends, consider lowering the audio quality settings in Discord.
By following these tips and taking care of your system, you can minimize the risk of encountering issues with Discord and League of Legends.
If you’re experiencing Discord freezing after playing League of Legends, it can be a frustrating issue to deal with. However, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to fix the problem, including updating your graphics drivers, running Discord as administrator, disabling hardware acceleration in Discord, and disabling the overlay in League of Legends.
Troubleshooting The 0x800b0003 Error In Windows 10
How To Fix Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Stuck At 99%
How To Find Last Set Password Using PowerShell
How To Fix “Destination Folder Access Denied” Error
In addition to these troubleshooting steps, it’s also important to keep your system clean, limit your Discord server membership, and reduce Discord audio quality to prevent similar issues from occurring in the future.
Overall, by following these tips and taking care of your system, you can ensure that Discord and League of Legends run smoothly and enjoyably. If you’re still experiencing issues after trying these solutions, don’t hesitate to reach out to Discord support or the League of Legends community for further assistance.