Learn how to install WSJT-X, a popular software for amateur radio communication, on Linux Mint in a detailed and step-by-step manner. Follow this guide to install all the required dependencies and build WSJT-X from the source.
To install WSJT-X on Linux Mint in a more detailed manner, follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of WSJT-X:
- Visit the official website at http://pulsar.princeton.edu/wsjtx_2.6.0-rc5_amd64.deb
- Scroll down to the “Download” section and select the “Linux” tab.
- Choose the appropriate version for your system and download it to your computer.
- Extract the downloaded archive:
- Open the terminal and navigate to the directory where you have saved the downloaded archive.
- Use the following command to extract the archive:
tar xvf wsjtx-2.*.tar.xz
Replace “wsjtx-2.*.tar.xz” with the actual name of the archive you have downloaded.
- Change to the extracted directory:
- Use the following command to change to the extracted directory:
- Install the required dependencies:
- WSJT-X requires some dependencies to be installed in order to build and run correctly. Use the following command to install these dependencies:
sudo apt-get install build-essential qt5-default libqt5svg5-dev libfftw3-dev libaudio-dev
- Build and install WSJT-X:
- In the terminal, create a build directory and navigate to it:
mkdir build cd build
- Use the following command to generate the makefile:
- Use the following command to build and install WSJT-X:
make sudo make install
- Start WSJT-X:
- Use the following command to start WSJT-X:
That’s it! You should now be able to use WSJT-X on your Linux Mint system. If you encounter any issues during installation, refer to the official documentation or seek help from the online community.
What is WSJT-X?
WSJT-X is a popular software for amateur radio communication that supports modes such as FT8, JT65, and JT9.
What is Linux Mint?
Linux Mint is a popular open-source operating system based on Ubuntu.
Do I need to have any prior knowledge to install WSJT-X on Linux Mint?
Basic knowledge of the terminal and basic Linux commands is recommended.
Is it necessary to build WSJT-X from source?
Yes, building WSJT-X from source is necessary as there is no pre-compiled package available for Linux Mint.
Can I install WSJT-X on any version of Linux Mint?
The instructions provided in this guide should work on any version of Linux Mint. However, it is always recommended to check the system requirements on the official website.
Can I install WSJT-X using a package manager?
No, WSJT-X cannot be installed using a package manager as there is no pre-compiled package available for Linux Mint.
What do I do if I encounter any issues during installation?
If you encounter any issues during installation, refer to the official documentation or seek help from the online community.
Can I use WSJT-X for commercial purposes?
No, WSJT-X is only for amateur radio communication and cannot be used for commercial purposes.