Explanation of Notion and Google Calendar Notion is a productivity app that enables users to organize their tasks, notes, and projects in a centralized workspace. Google Calendar is a web-based calendar application developed by Google that allows users to create and manage events, appointments, and reminders.
Benefits of linking Google Calendar to Notion Integrating Google Calendar with Notion can provide numerous benefits, such as having a centralized view of all upcoming events and tasks, making it easier to plan and manage schedules. It also enables users to add events and tasks to their Google Calendar directly from Notion and vice versa, providing more flexibility and convenience. By linking the two applications, users can improve their productivity and streamline their workflow.
Steps to Link Google Calendar to Notion
A. Step 1: Generate Google Calendar API Key
To link Google Calendar with Notion, the first step is to generate an API key. Follow these steps:
1. Go to the Google Developer Console.
2. Create a new project.
3. Navigate to the “Credentials” tab.
4. Click “Create Credentials” and select “API key”.
5. Copy the generated API key.
B. Step 2: Share Google Calendar with API Key
After generating the API key, the next step is to share the Google Calendar with the API key to grant access. Follow these steps:
1. Go to Google Calendar settings.
2. Select the calendar you want to share.
3. Click on the “Access permissions” option.
4. Add the email address associated with the API key.
5. Grant permissions to the API key.
C. Step 3: Add Google Calendar Integration in Notion
Once the calendar is shared, the next step is to add the Google Calendar integration to Notion. Follow these steps:
1. Open the Notion page where you want to add the calendar.
2. Click on the “+ Add a block” button.
3. Select “Integrations”.
4. Find Google Calendar and select it.
5. Paste the API key generated in Step 1.
D. Step 4: Connect Google Calendar to Notion
The final step is to connect the Google Calendar to Notion. Follow these steps:
1. Choose the calendar you want to display in Notion.
2. Customize the calendar’s display settings, such as the date range and color.
3. Save changes and view the integrated calendar in Notion.
By following these steps, users can easily link their Google Calendar with Notion and enjoy the benefits of a centralized workspace for managing tasks and schedules.