Capturing screenshots can be an essential requirement for both personal and professional use. If you are a Windows 10 user, there are multiple methods to take screenshots on your device. In this article, we will discuss various ways that can help you take a screenshot on Windows 10.
Method 1: Using Keyboard Shortcuts
Windows 10 allows users to capture the entire screen or a specific part of the screen by using keyboard shortcuts. Here is how you can use them:
- To capture the entire screen, press the Windows key + Print Screen (PrtScn) key simultaneously.
- To capture a specific part of the screen, press the Windows key + Shift + S. This will open the Snipping Tool, allowing you to select the area you want to capture.
Once you have captured the screenshot, it will be saved automatically in the Screenshots folder located in the Pictures library.
Method 2: Using the Snipping Tool
The Snipping Tool is an in-built utility that allows users to capture screenshots and save them in different formats. Here is how to use the Snipping Tool:
- Open the Snipping Tool by typing “Snipping Tool” in the search bar or by going to Start > Windows Accessories > Snipping Tool.
- Select the type of snip you want to take – Free-form, Rectangular, Window, or Full-screen.
- Once you have selected the type of snip, click and drag the cursor to select the area you want to capture.
- The snip will open in a new window, allowing you to annotate, save, or share the screenshot.
Method 3: Using the Game Bar
Windows 10 also provides users with a Game Bar that can be used to capture screenshots while playing games or using other apps. Here is how to use it:
- Press Windows key + G to open the Game Bar.
- Click on the Camera icon or press Windows key + Alt + PrtScn to capture a screenshot.
- The screenshot will be saved in the Captures folder located in the Videos library.
Also Know: How To Record The Screen On Windows
Conclusion Taking screenshots on Windows 10 is a straightforward process that can be done using different methods. Whether you are using the keyboard shortcuts, Snipping Tool, or Game Bar, you can easily capture and save screenshots for your personal or professional use.